top of page

We Can Get Your Fiancé to the United States!

A fiancé visa allows a U.S. citizen to bring their fiance, who lives outside the United States, into the United States in order to get married.

What are the requirements for K-1 Fiancé visa?

1. You must be a U.S. citizen

2. You and your fiancé must intend to marry within 90 days

3. You must have met your fiancé in person within the past 2 years

4. You and your fiancé must be legally able to marry

Brief Step-by-Step Process for Fiancé Visa:

Step 1: US citizen fiancé submits a fiancé petition (Form I-129F) to United States Citizenship and Immigration Services ("USCIS") and provides necessary supporting documents and fees.

Step 2: USCIS approves petition and notifies the National Visa Center ("NVC"), and NVC opens visa file and transfers file to the U.S. Consulate where the fiancé lives.

Step 3: NVC sends an instructions packet to the Fiancé. The couple must pay fees, fill out DS160 form and affidavit of support. The fiancé will need to have a medical exam, and an interview will be scheduled with the U.S. consulate.

Step 4: The fiancé attends the interview, and the fiancé visa gets approved.

Step 5: After entering the U.S., within 90 days the couple must get married so that they can apply for a green card.

Common K1 Fiancé Visa Questions:

1. How long is the processing time for K-1 Fiancé visa?

The processing time can vary depending on the circumstances of the case. In the past, once Form I-129F is submitted, it can take 6-10 months from submission for USCIS to decide. The full process can take between 11 to 19 months from submission of the fiancé visa petition to the K-1 decision.

2. How Long is the K-1 Fiancé Visa valid for?

The K-1 Fiancé visa is valid for six months after approval. The fiancé must travel to the United States before the six-month period expires and preferably as soon as she receives her fiancé visa since you will need to get married within 90 days.

3. Does my fiancé automatically become a green card holder after we get married?

As soon as the couple get married in the United States, the fiancé can apply for a green card.

4. What happens if my fiancé and I decide not to get married after she arrives in the United States?

The fiancé will need to go back to their native country within 90 days of arrival.

Common fiancé visa interview questions:

1. How did you and your fiancé meet?

2. When and where was your engagement?

3. Basic Questions about your fiancé such as date of birth, city/country of birth etc.

4. Where does your fiancé work and what is his occupation?

5. What are your plans after marriage?

6. Have you been married before? Are you divorced?

7. Have you ever met your fiancé’s parents? Why or why not? Has your fiancé met your parents? Why or why not?

8. Have you met your fiancé’s children? Why or why not? Has your fiancé met your children? Why or why not?

9. What is your religion & your fiancé religion?

10. Where is your honeymoon going to be?

17 views0 comments


bottom of page