Elarar Law provides immigration services for the following: 

  • Family-Based Immigration

  • Deportation, Removal or Other Forms of Relief

  • Asylum

  • Naturalization 

  • Employment Visas

  • DACA



Elarar Law provides assistance for those seeking family-based visas and petitions. The decision to bring family members to the U.S. or to sponsor a family member who is deciding to stay in the U.S. permanently can be stressful, especially with concerns about financing, housing, employment and adjusting to the American culture or way of life. You might not know the options available to you or your family member, such as what documentation is required, how long the process will take, and how much the overall cost will be. Elarar Law can help you and your family member by guiding you throughout the process and each step of the way. We offer immigration services for families in various situations, including:


  • Filing for family members already in the United States

  • Filing for family member living outside the United States

  • Filing for Fiancés (K-1 Visas)

  • Immigration consular processes

  • Green Cards

  • USCIS Interviews




We help both detained and non-detained cases before the Newark Immigration Court. We also have staff members who speak Arabic and French and are ready to serve any of your immigration needs. So schedule a consultation today with Elarar Law talk about your immigration case.


We also have an extensive background in both deportation defense and criminal law. We offer immigration services for people in several situations, including the following:


  • Cancellation of removal for lawful permanent residents

  • Cancellation of removal for non-lawful permanent resident

  • Asylum

  • Withholding of Removal

  • Convention Against Torture

  • 212

  • Adjustment of Status before an immigration judge

  • Stays of removal

  • Motions to reopen

  • Appeals



You can apply for asylum by filing an application with USCIS. Temporary Protected Status (TPS) is also available to people from certain countries when the Secretary of Homeland Security designates that country due to conditions that temporarily prevent he country’s nationals from returning safely or the country is unable to handle the return of the foreign nationals. TPS is typically based on ongoing armed conflicts, environments disasters, or other extreme and temporary conditions.

Countries currently designated as for TPS: 




Elarar Law helps lawful permanent residents through the naturalization process to become United States Citizens.


  • Naturalization applications and interviews

  • N-400 Denial

  • Certificates of Citizenship

  • Consular Reports of Birth Abroad


If you are a lawful permanent residence interested in filing an application for naturalization, give us a call and schedule a consultation so we can discuss the process, screen your case for any potential issues, and answer your questions.


Who is eligible to become a United States Citizen?

To be eligible to become a United States Citizen, you must  


  • Be at least 18 years old or older at the time of filing the Form N-400, Application for naturalization,

  • Have been a Lawful Permanent Residence for five (5) years or three (3) years if are the spouse of a United States Citizen,

  • Have continuously resided in the United States for five (5) years or (3) years if you are the spouse of a United States Citizen,

  • Have been physically present in the United States for 30 months or 18 months if you are a spouse of a United States Citizen,

  • Show you have lived for at least three (3) months in a state or USCIS district,

  • Show that you are a person of good moral character for five (5) years or (3) years if you are the spouse of a United States Citizen,

  • Can pass an English, Reading and Writing exam,

  • Can pass a civics Exam, and

  • Can demonstrate basic English proficiency.


Did you spend a lot of time outside the United States?


Lawful permanent residence can travel outside the United States as they please. However, in order to qualify for naturalization, you must have been physically present in the United States for a specific amount of time. Some lawful permanent residences run into issues when they have spent too much time outside the United States or if they take up residence in another country. If the government believes you abandoned your residency status, they could issue you a Notice to Appear and place you in deportation proceedings. If you have spent a lot of time outside the United States after becoming Lawful Permanent Residence, you should consult with Elarar Law to get assistance.

Can I apply for Naturalization if I have a criminal conviction/record?

Please seek the assistance of an immigration lawyer because some convictions may result in a denial of your application. Additionally, some criminal convictions may make you deportable and filing an application to naturalize could result in USCIS issuing you a Notice to Appear and placing you in deportation proceedings.


Keep in mind that USCIS does consider the good moral character of an individual and the duration of the crime. Depending on the crime and whether the criminal conviction occurred five or more years ago, USCIS may not consider that criminal conviction.


What documents do I need to provide with my naturalization application?


  • A copy of your Permanent Resident Card

  • A copy of your marriage certificate (if applicable)

  • Form N-426, Request for Certification of Military or Naval Service (if applicable)

  • DD Form 214, NGB Form 22, or discharge orders (if applicable)

  • A copy of your official military orders (if applicable)

  • Evidence of your citizen spouse’s employment abroad (if applying under 319(b))

  • Two passport-style photographs (if you reside outside the United States)


What if USCIS denies my naturalization application?


Having your naturalization application denied by USCIS can be scary. However, you have a few options.

  1. You can appeal the denial of your naturalization by filing out Form N-336, Request for a Hearing on a Decision in Naturalization Proceedings.

  2. You can file a new naturalization application.

  3. You can file a Motion to Reopen.

  4. You can file a Motion to Reconsider.


Please seek the assistance of an immigration lawyer to help you file an appeal, application or motion.



us passport.jpg